Renting an A/C unit is a more convenient, cost effective solution for cooling your home. Our rental contracts are easy and keep you away from the traditional expensive A/C Warranty.
A home warranty is not a plan that can be purchased and used for the life of a home, but it is a warranty coverage for home appliances. What you may not know is that there are many common scenarios that add additional costs, and in some cases your home warranty may not your home at all.
A few things to consider when purchasing a home warranty:
- Waiting period – Typically, there is a period of 30 days from the date of purchase of home warranty before coverage goes into place.
- Claim denials – Unfortunately, these are very common. Home warranty claim denials are due to negligence and lack of maintenance of appliances. More specifically AC units require an annual maintenance performed by a professional. If this yearly AC maintenance has not be completed, the home warranty may deny you your coverage!
- Service Call Fee – Home owners are required to pay a service call fee, per repair incident, when making claims on their home warranties. The amount is anywhere between $50 to $200 dollars, these cost add up quickly.
- Repair Over Replacement. Even if an appliance is faltering, the service providers tend to repair it rather than replace it, as it will cost them less. Due to this tendency you may have reacquiring issues resulting in more fees.
- Max Limit – Most home warranties will set the ceiling on maximum amount on repair expenses they incur.